Leadership Training and Personality Development for Every Business.
Capability Connections Consulting is a Calgary, Alberta based consulting firm specializing in custom, in house delivery of training and development programs, human resource management and personality development consulting for organizations. Our Consultants are experienced in designing and delivering training and development programs that address your specific needs. We specialize in change management and leadership development, thinking skills, technical writing, customer service skills and conflict management.
We are skilled at assisting HR professionals in delivering HR programs and systems and safety professionals in delivering behaviour based safety programs. We are expert technical writers and instructional designers. We are skilled in a range of organization effectiveness services including team development, organizational learning programs and organizational assessment.
Capability Connections is a diverse group with over 40 years of combined experience in corporate and personal training. We combine knowledge from a variety of training backgrounds and industries.
- Esther Hudson, B.A, BEd, MAdEd, CPHR
- Esther’s experience includes over 30 years of consulting, specializing in human resource development working with clients in a wide range of companies, including federal, provincial and municipal governments, oil and gas, pipeline, transportation (air, rail) professional firms, health care organizations, construction companies, electric utilities, manufacturing, IT and mining companies. She as also worked for non-profit and First Nation organizations. Five of these years were spent leading corporate training and cultural personality development at Alberta Power Ltd (now ATCO Electric). There she managed the corporate technical training and employee learning centers. Esther’s consulting work focuses on helping organizations build the capability and commitment of their workforce. She is experienced in developing new performance management systems, improving existing training systems, conducting organizational assessments, facilitating meetings, conference speaking and delivering training. Change management and leadership development is a particular specialty. She has designed and delivered training in over 50 different content areas. Esther has worked with groups as large as 350 and as small as one. She is an accomplished conference speaker as well as a talented learning facilitator. Her sessions encourage people to think more deeply about what they are doing and to have the confidence to take constructive action and create change. Esther received Bachelors of Arts and Education degrees from Queen’s University in Kingston Ontario. She also holds a Master of Adult Education from St. Francis Xavier University and is a Certified Human Resource Professional (CPHR).
- Gillian Rasmussen, B.A., CPHR
- Gillian Rasmussen began her career as a Human Resource Generalist, where she spent much of her time recruiting top talent in tight labour markets. She has direct experience recruiting, selecting, and developing programs to retain the best people. She has coached managers one on one in the areas of selection, skills and performance assessment, performance and personality development, and employee discipline. She is an energetic facilitator who takes the time to understand and listen to the needs of her participants.Gillian holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology from the University of Calgary, where she focused her course work on learning theory and organizational psychology. Gillian has held leadership roles in several volunteer organizations working with women and youth. She has a passion for people and an adventurous spirit. She spent 18 months living in the South of Russia, learning the language and spending time with Russian people.
- Meredith LeSueur, B.A.
- Meredith’s training design and development experience has crossed industries and spanned multiple media platforms. Meredith’s expertise lies in responsive systems of development that address conflicts or learning gaps by using today’s realities for tomorrows success. She is adept at employing the cultural, physical, or cognitive realities of an organization to create realistic and suitable process shifts that lead to measurable and meaningful growth. Meredith has 10 years of experience using educational and marketing theory, systems analysis, process and project management, and media design in a variety of training and development roles. These roles have spanned education, healthcare, service, and manufacturing industries. She has also consulted and crafted e-learning materials for a number of fortune 500 countries global reach. In various capacities she has developed learning materials for such companies as 3form, Elemental LED, Big Cartel, StopCMV.org, OC Tanner, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and the American Heart Association. Meredith has collaborated with print and media production companies, computer programmers, and marketing and design firms in her training career. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy from Brigham Young University and is currently pursuing her Master’s Degree in Social Psychology.
- Anne Hudson, B.A.
- As the resident millennial Anne’s largest asset is her unaffected perspective on workplace relations and her natural instincts for social media communications. However, Anne Hudson also brings years of experience in researching and writing about change management with regard to political movements and community actions. At Brigham Young University Anne worked as a research assistant studying the efficacy of foreign aid in promoting human rights in vulnerable communities. She also served on the leadership committee of USGA as the Chair of Outreach, promoting LGBT initiatives across campus and in the wider community. She also recently completed an internship with the Senate Democratic Leadership where she assisted in promoting and passing legislation in Washington D.C.
Anne Hudson graduated from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a minor in Philosophy. She is a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society and she was recently accepted to Northwestern Law School in early decision for the class of 2019.
- Janice Ackroyd, B.Ed., MAdEd
Janice Ackroyd is a highly motivated, focused technical writer and editor with excellent communication skills, and 20 years of experience in teaching, tutoring, writing and editing. She is an experienced consultant offering course design, evaluation tools, newsletter articles, and other research and editing services. Her strengths include her focused problem solving, personality development, and her ability to communicate with clients and workshop participants in a supportive, encouraging style. Janice has developed and led workshops on a variety of writing and other HR topics. Her writing workshops cover the range of the writing process including such topics as identifying the audience, planning, tone, grammar, and how to revise and edit documents. She is a writer herself with published short stories and articles in addition to her experience as a technical writer. She has produced instructor guides for complex technical training including the workshop design, and the development of participant manuals and slide presentations.
Janice has taught in the education system and has worked as an editor for an on-line American publishing house, coaching first time authors to bring their work to publishing standard. She was part of a team for the final review of two Alberta Science textbooks. Janice also has had extensive experience living with and coaching ESL students and adults from a variety of countries including Brazil, Japan, India, Korea, Taiwan and Switzerland. Her insight into human behaviour and her sensitivity to the learning process of others means that when coaching is required, her help is both developmental and positive. Janice has a Bachelor of Education and a Master’s degree in Adult Education.
- Margaret Miyagishima, BA, MS, CPHR, PCC
- Margaret is a coach, facilitator and trainer. Her career began in Human Resources, where she worked in a variety of public and post-secondary environments in the US and Canada. Following her time in HR, Margaret started her consulting practice a number of years ago and has since added executive coaching to the mix. She is able to quickly build and maintain solid working relationships with clients. Her personal approach and ability to relate to people serve her well in connecting with her clients and in achieving the desired results, in either group or individual settings. She is a Licensed Practitioner with Insights Discovery®, a Coaching out of the Box® Licensed Trainer and is a Licensed Associate with Powerful Professionals. Margaret is an EQi 2.0 and EQi 360 certified practitioner. Margaret completed a Graduate Certificate in Executive Coaching (CEC) at Royals Roads University. Her coaching clients include new, emerging and experienced leaders, professionals within organizations, and fellow coaches in a mentor coaching relationship.
Margaret received a Bachelor’s in Psychology and a Masters in Human Resource Economics. She holds the CPHR (Certified Professional in Human Resources) designation. Margaret has been a student of yoga, mindfulness and meditation for many years. She is currently teaching her first class in meditation. Margaret is honoured to be serving the Calgary coaching community in 2017 as the President of the Calgary Charter Chapter of the ICF (International Coach Federation).
Margaret is an ICF Certified Coach at the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level.
We have the benefit of working with incredible employee training and personality development partners to provide you and your team with industry-leading diagnostic tools and assessments, training curriculum and coursework, and cutting-edge research.
- MHA Institute
- MHA Institute is a leading-edge research and development company that specializes in researching, field-testing, and evaluating thinking and learning processes to identify which ones produce high performance. They have focused on enhancing learnable intelligence in individuals, teams, and organizations. For more detailed information, see their web-site: www.mhainstitute.ca.
Marilyn Herasymowych, founder and managing partner of MHA Institute Inc. is a consultant with over 17 years experience. Marilyn designs strategies that help people to see their thinking patterns and behaviours from a systems perspective, setting up safe practice fields in the classroom and the workplace so that participants can experience transformational learning. Using the action inquiry technologies of action science, action learning, and appreciative inquiry, she has consulted with individuals, teams, and organizations in both the public and private sectors. Marilyn’s qualifications include a BSc in Biochemistry, a PDAD in Education, and a Master of Continuing Education specializing in Learning in the Workplace.
Henry Senko, managing partner of MHA Institute Inc. is a senior consultant with over 20 years experience managing operations in organizations. Henry’s specialty is working with managers and teams to design work processes that incorporate learning as a part of daily work routines. His maturity and exceptional skills in listening and reflection have earned him well-deserved respect among his peers and clients. He has a trades background in automotives and has taught at the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. He is currently completing an MBA. Contact: www.mhainstitute.ca
- The SALT Consulting Group
- The SALT Consulting Group is a network of independent consultants who have experience across a broad cross section of business, industrial and institutional sectors in North America. SALT offers a broad range of consulting, coaching, facilitating and training services in Organization Effectiveness, Labour Management, Employee Relations, and Human Resource Management. Services include strategic planning, organization redesign, marketing, continuous improvement, team building, problem-solving processes, and meeting facilitation. PAUL J. TRAYNER, MA. ABS, C.H.R.P. Partner, President, Co-Founder
Paul has 30 years experience in human resources and employee-labour management relations in the petroleum, utility, communications, chemical and technical service industries in Canada and the United States. Over the past 18 years he has developed effective strategies to enhance long-term working relationships within organizations. Paul has successfully assisted organizations to move from concept, through implementation, to measurable outcomes. His career has developed through assignments in each facet and function within human resources management, typically in corporations undergoing substantial organizational change.His formal education includes a Communications Technology Certificate, a Certificate in Social Services (Counselling and Community Organization) and a Master of Arts in Applied Behavior Science (Leading and Consulting). Contact: (780) 489-5878
- CG Hylton Inc.
- Chris Hylton has been a Consultant in Alberta since 1981, and has extensive experience in the management of change processes as they impact organizational goals and human resources strategies. He has had his own consulting firm since 1990. Chris believes strongly in letting the Internal and External Customer drive the organization in a sustainable way. His special interest has been Governance and Not-For-Profit Partnership issues. He has been particularly successful in modifying programs fostering change and improving service to make them more effective using tools such as focus groups, customer service surveys and employee surveys. He is an expert in Employee Compensation and Benefits and Employee Assistance (Crisis Intervention) Programs.
He has been a consultant to the following: Calgary Board of Education, Calgary Parking Authority, Opportunity 45, Kerby Centre, City of Fort Saskatchewan, City of Spruce Grove, Town of Cochrane, Local Authorities Pension Plan, Ranchman’s Club, Calgary Winter Club, Sunshine Ski Village, Phillips Petroleum, Chevron Canada, Monarch Messenger, Kensington Energy, Marshall Tittemore Architects and others. His qualifications include degrees in Political Science from Queen’s and Laval Universities. He is a contributor to the Calgary Human Resource Association’s Perspective magazine, and has been a speaker and contributor to local and national print and electronic media. Contact: (403) 264-5288 www.hylton.ca email@example.com